Oxfordshire Reuses – Zero Waste Festival
You are cordially invited to Oxfordshire Reuses – a one-of-a-kind zero waste festival where you can love your clothes and household goods and give them a new lease of life!
We’ve created the event to enable Oxfordshire residents go beyond recycling and go zero-waste during Oxford Green Week. This FREE event welcomes anyone who is up for a great buzz, saving money, helping the planet, and features:
- Swap shop – bring any unwanted item in good condition that you can carry and take as many new ones
- Repair café – bring any one poorly item that you can carry such as electrics, clothes, or small furniture and Oxfordshire’s skilled volunteers will try to fix it. You’ll be encouraged to observe and assist the repair so you can learn new skills!
- Clothes upcycling demo – professionally hosted demonstration for how to go beyond clothes mending towards jazzing them up
- Kids’ upcycling workshop – pop-in for either “If Bins Could Talk” or “Recycle a Poem” workshops and enjoy making new stuff out of old with the family
- Food Surplus Café – enjoy tea, coffee, refreshments and cake crafted and sold by a local youth club using fresh surplus food
- Stalls – waste-free products sales and information from local charitable, non-profit, independent and grassroots organisations
All surplus items from the swap shop will go to Thames Valley Air Ambulance. This exciting event is brought to you by Oxford Direct Services, Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council and would not be possible without the help of our wonderful community partners, including:
- SHARE Oxford – A Library of Things (and repair café)
- Oxford Poetry Library
- Rose Hill Junior Youth Club
- Ann Tutt
- (and many more)
For more information on the event, contact email@example.com
Date/Time: Sun 16th June - 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Add to Calendar
How to Book: Just show up!
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1026676047720009/
Target Audience: ALL
One Planet Living Theme: Zero Waste
Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates, Oxford,