Be part of Oxford Green Week 17-25 June 2017!
Plans are well underway for this summer’s festival and we would love you to be part of it. Oxford Green Week 2017 will run from Saturday 17 June- Sunday 25 June, with a free outdoor festival to launch it all off on Saturday 10 June in Oxford city centre – the Big Green Day Out!
This year we are asking organisations in Oxford to contribute in one of a few ways to become part of the festival programme:
- Theme your regular event – give your regular talks, workshops, assemblies and fairs an environmental theme in June
- Organise a special Oxford Green Week event – put on a talk, film showing, workshop, community event, low carbon meal or any other great idea to show your support
- Go ‘Green Behind the Scenes’ – welcome the public on a one-hour tour of your environmentally friendly offices, community spaces, homes and colleges – share with others the benefits you have found in being kind to the environment
- Have a stall at our Big Green Day Out launch event on Saturday 10 June on Broad Street and be part of our biggest event of the festival! Stallholder registrations are not open quite yet – watch this space for details!
If you need a bit of extra cash to make your event happen, you might like to apply to one of these:
- Oxford City Council offers small community grants of up to £1000 to community and voluntary groups in the area
- Midcounties Coop offer grants of up to £2000 for community organisations who are members of the Cooperative in the Oxford area
- Speak to your local Oxford City Councillor about an event in your area – they may be able to support it with contributions from their ward budget
Sponsorship Opportunities with Oxford Green Week 2017:
We have some attractive sponsorship packages available for local organisations who would like to support Oxford Green Week. Please contact Festival Organiser Jenny Carr for details of sponsorship packages between £500 and £5,000 which will help us – and yourself – to reach even more people than ever.
Don’t forget to keep in touch and get festival updates by following #OxGreenWk on Twitter.