Cyclox Evening Ride – The Quarry-Roubaix ride
Masons’ Arms in the Quarry at 5.30pm / Weston Library steps, Broad Street at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
In homage to the Paris-Roubaix bike race we will be taking to the streets of Oxford to see how many stretches of cobbles we can find. Part of Oxford Bike Week, this short and occasionally bumpy ride will visit Jericho and many of the most famous landmarks of Oxfords city centre to savour just a taste of what the professional riders who take on the pavé of the spring classics have to endure.
- Meet at the Tourist Information Centre on the Broad at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start.
- Ride time: about one hour
- Return to the Broad c. 7.30pm
- Post-ride debate in the Kings Arms c.7.35pm
- Any bike will do and anyone who can ride a bike will be fine.
Anyone wishing to experience the Quarry-Roubaix in its entirety might like to meet at the Masons Arms in the Quarry at 5.30pm.
Date/Time: Thu 16th June - 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm Add to Calendar