If you are involved with the joy of cooking with groups of children outdoors then this could be for you!
Many of us have a legal duty of care to keep children and young people safe from harm when they are cooking, eating and drinking outdoors.
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering has been designed to address the food safety needs of the catering and hospitality sector; this version of it has been designed to give all those cooking with and for children or young people in challenging conditions, on campfires, the knowledge and skills for food hygiene practice specific to the outdoors.
An outline of the programme includes:
- Importance of Food Safety in the woods
- Food allergies
- Design your Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Legal requirements
- Microbes – Where are they lurking?
- Illnesses linked to food and the outdoors
- Hygiene control, temperature control, storage, handling, preparation, cooking, equipment…
- Personal Hygiene – hand washing and drying
- Food safety control
- Design your food safety guidelines and policy